Japanese Wasabi Snack Bars
These snack bars require no baking, and are gluten free.
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
6 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
3 1/2 Tbsp agar flakes
2 cups crispy brown rice cereal or a puffed rice cereal
1/2 cup toasted peanuts
1/3 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/3 cup toasted, hulled sesame seeds
2 sheets toasted nori, crumbled
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown rice syrup, coconut oil, and salt.
- Sprinkle the agar flakes on top and gently stir.
- Heat over medium-low until the coconut oil melts and the mixture comes to a light boil.
- Simmer for about 30 seconds until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool slightly and then stir in the Namida® Wasabi Paste.
- Add the brown rice cereal, peanuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and nori.
- Stir until well combined, making sure the dry ingredients are well coated with the syrup mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a 8 x 8-inch square pan, pressing down gently and spreading it out evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Place the pan in the freezer for about one hour to firm up.
- Cut into bars using a sharp knife.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
Note: You can ice these or drizzle chocolate over them. 🙂