Sweet Brown Rice Sushi
It’s simple and fun to make and you can change the fillings with any ingredients you like. Using sweet brown rice instead of normal white sushi rice adds more flavour to the sushi. IMHO.
1 cup sweet brown rice
1 3/4 cups water
1 Tspn Rice Vinegar
2 tsp sugar
small handful black sesame seeds
Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
bunch of green onions (scallions)
avocado – sliced
- Cook the sweet brown rice in water until tender. *Note – sweet brown rice cooks up sticky like sushi rice, unlike regular brown rice*
- Mix the rice vinegar and sugar together. Heat mixture until sugar dissolves.
- Add the mixture to the rice and toss around till all the grains are coated.
- Add a small handful of black sesame seeds.
- Let the rice cool.
- Place a sheet of nori shiny side down on your bamboo mat and spread an even layer of Namida® Wasabi Paste. (leaving half an inch on the top and bottom edges). Tip – cover the mat in cling wrap to save messing up the bamboo mat.
- Cover the Namida® Wasabi Paste with the cooked sweet brown rice.
- Place your vegetables in a row near the bottom third of the sheet, julienned carrots, beets, green onions and slices of avocado.
- Starting from the bottom, roll it up tightly into a nice log and slice with a sharp moistened knife into uniform slices.
- You can always eat your mistakes and ends. 🙂