Wasabi Avocado BLT
A different take on the traditional BLT. This has more spice and depth of flavour and is ideal for eating at any time. Don’t be surprised if you see this in the fast food places and restaurants shortly. 🙂
1 ripe avocado
Juice of 1 lime or lemon
Salt to taste
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
250g Middle Bacon rashers
1 loaf ciabatta bread (or a baguette loaf)
Sundried tomato pesto or tomato paste (can use Tomato Ketchup or BBQ sauce)
Lettuce leaves or bean sprouts (your choice)
- Mash the deseeded and peeled avocado with lime or lemon juice and a little salt.
- Add the Namida® Wasabi Paste and parsley and mash again.
- Heat a little olive oil in a heavy pan.
- Stir-fry the bacon until crisp.
- Cut into bite size pieces.
- Slice open the ciabatta (or baguette loaf) and brush sparingly with olive oil.
- Toast lightly under the grill.
- Spread with a little tomato pesto or paste or your favourite BBQ sauce.
- Spread wasabi-avocado mixture generously on the toasted bread and layer on the warm bacon and beansprouts or lettuce leaves.
- Place top half of loaf on top (carefully :)).
- Wrap a paper towel or serviette around both ends of the filled loaf and cut in half (or more) to serve.