Wasabi Cucumber Pickles
These are good whenever you want a nice crunchy pickle in a hurry. They make a lovely garnish for smoked salmon and cream cheese, as well as raw fish and Asian inspired meals.
2-3 pickling cucumbers*, sliced paper thin
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
1 level Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp soy sauce
- Toss the cucumbers with the salt and leave them to drain in a colander for 15 min.
- Drain cucumbers and pat them dry.
- Add vinegar, sugar and soy to the Namida® Wasabi Paste and whisk to combine.
- Add cucumbers and toss to mix.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge.
*When pickled these are commonly known as gherkins