Wasabi Fish Cakes
500g skinned and boned white fish or salmon fillets
2 egg whites
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
2 kaffir lime leaves, julienned and chopped
1 Tbsp cornflour
1 Tbsp grated root ginger
3 Tbsp chopped coriander
2 Tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp light soy sauce,
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 tsp castor sugar
- Chop the fish into small (5mm) pieces.
- Combine with the egg whites, Namida® Wasabi Paste, lime leaves, cornflour, ginger and coriander.
- Mix well.
- Form into eight cakes. Use about two good tablespoons of the mixture for each cake.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place in a 100 deg C (212 deg F) oven to keep warm until all the cakes are cooked. (They can also be reheated for a few seconds in the microwave.)
- Whisk the ingredients for the wasabi sauce together and serve in small bowls or dishes on the side.
Pan-fry the fish cakes in batches, about 1 minute each side, until cooked and golden.