Wasabi Cucumber Salad
This is a refreshing and delicious salad.
- 1.5 tsp Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
- 1.5 tsp cold water
- 2 cucumbers [telegraph or apple – whatever you enjoy]
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar or white vinegar, mixed with 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp sugar (if desired)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Mix the Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder with 1.5 tsp of cold water into a thick paste. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Peel the cucumbers, cut each one in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the cucumber half across in 10mm (1/4 inch) segments (they should look like crescents.
- Add the vinegar and sugar to the wasabi paste and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, add the cucumbers, green onion, and sesame seeds to the dressing and mix well.