Wasabi Potato Salad
1 potato per person, plus “one for the pot”
1 large onion, chopped very fine
3 stalks celery, chopped very fine
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped fine
3 eggs – 1 week old as these peel easier
Few slices bacon, cooked crisp and broken up
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup Wasabi Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Sour cream
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 tsp powdered red pepper
1/4 cup Sweet relish
- Cut potatoes into about 1 inch pieces; boil until tender but not soft.
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Pour out potatoes to drain and immediately run some cool water over them to stop cooking; do not cool potatoes off too much; they need to remain warm.
- Put eggs in cold water so they peel easily.
- In a large bowl, put potatoes, onions, celery, pepper and bacon.
- Mix lightly with your hands, being careful not to smash potatoes
- Add chopped, peeled eggs and mix lightly again.
- Add rest of ingredients – except vinegar.
- Mix well, but carefully, then add the vinegar and mix again.
- Put into a serving bowl, top with a sprinkle of chili powder and paprika.
- Let stand for a few hours at room temperature (do not refrigerate) before serving to blend in flavors.
This can be served either by itself or as a side dish.
You can leave out the bacon if you want although I find it adds a satisfying crunch piece in the salad.