Coconut Crusted Chicken with Wasabi Sauce
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
2 tsp soy sauce
juice from one lime
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
6 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 splash milk
2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
2 cups shredded coconut
vegetable or peanut oil
- Mix soy sauce, lime juice and vinegar in a bowl.
- Add sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add sesame oil and Namida® Wasabi Paste and whisk until well blended.
- Divide and pour half of the marinade over the chicken.
- Marinate at least four hours.
- Cover remainder and refrigerate.
- In a pie plate or shallow dish, blend the eggs with the milk.
- In a separate pie plate or shallow dish, blend the panko or bread crumbs with the shredded coconut.
- Dip chicken strips in egg/milk mixture and then into panko/coconut mixture, placing on plate when coated.
- Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Let breaded chicken rest in fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, wok or deep fryer.
- Cook breaded chicken strips, several at a time until golden brown on each side.
- Drain well on paper towels.
Serve chicken with a dish of the refrigerated Wasabi sauce along with your favorite variety of rice noodles. The sauce can be either used as a dipping sauce or poured over the rice noodles.