Wasabi Roasted Garlic Potatoes
These potatoes surprise you when you eat them, make this recipe when you need a little pick me up.
1 medium head garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup butter, softened
4 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
water as needed
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut top off off garlic head to expose cloves.
- Rub garlic cloves with olive oil and place on a small baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- While garlic is roasting, peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and allow potatoes to simmer until very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Drain water and mash potatoes with butter until smooth.
- Squeeze softened garlic cloves out of skin into pot.
- In a small bowl, mix Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder with just enough water to form a thick paste.
- Mash garlic and wasabi paste into potatoes.
- Pour in milk and continue to mash until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.