Wasabi Salmon with Miso-Sesame Sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp red miso paste
1/4 cup soy milk
1 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1 1/2 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup sake
2 Tbsp tamari (thick soy sauce)
2 Tbsp Namida Wasabi paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
4 4-ounce salmon fillets
fresh edible flowers, rinsed
- In a small bowl, combine miso paste, soy milk, and sesame seeds.
- Stir until the miso is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Combine ginger, cayenne pepper, sake, tamari, and wasabi in a zippered plastic bag; blend well.
- Add salmon; seal and toss to coat.
- Marinate for 1 hour. The longer you leave it the spicier it gets. 🙂
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place salmon on a greased baking sheet, discarding marinade.
- Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 13 minutes.
- Remove salmon.
- Transfer to a warm serving plate.
- Drizzle miso sauce over fillets.
- Garnish with flowers. Serve warm.
This quantity serves 4.
This recipe has super-healthy omega-3s and isoflavones. Garnish with edible flowers, such as nasturtiums or marigold leaves.