Wasabi Steak Rolls with Blue Cheese
500 gms (1 lb) Flank steak (Skirt steak)
1 small red chile, minced
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
Salt and pepper
16 skewers (about 3 inches long)
4 oz Blue Cheese
- With the tip of a sharp knife, lightly score both sides of the steak in a diamond pattern.
- Toss the flank steak with the chile, Namida® Wasabi Paste, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a heavy sauté pan over medium high heat and sear the beef about 5 minutes to a side until medium rare. (Or you may grill it.)
- Cut 16 thin slices across the grain.
- Place a small piece (about 1 teaspoon) of blue cheese at the end of each of 16 slices of flank steak and roll each slice into a tight coil.
- Punch a hole through all the layers with a skewer to hold the roll together.
- Serve with Mustard sauce or Wasabi Mayonnaise for dipping.
These steak rolls can be served either hot or cold. They are lovely when served with Wasabi Beef Sauce.