Chilled Avocado-Wasabi Soup
This is an easy and interesting soup to put together the night before your dinner party or perhaps your family dinner. There is a hit of wasabi at the first spoonful, followed by the scent of lime and the smooth, mild avocado taste.
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup water
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
2 tsp lime juice
Pinch of sea salt
¼ grapefruit, cut into ½ in. chunks
¼ c. sugar
- In a food processor or blender, blend the avocado, buttermilk, water, Namida® wasabi paste, and lime juice until smooth.
- Add more water if consistency is too thick.
- Pour into a bowl, and season very gently with sea salt. Be careful with the salt as it is very easy to over salt. 🙁
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
- Add sugar to a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Stir sugar gently as it melts.
- When all sugar is liquid, add grapefruit segments, and allow to cook in sugar for 2 minutes, then gently flip and caramelize the other side.
- Grapefruit will take on a light, golden tinge. Caramelize in batches if necessary – overcrowding the pan will not allow the grapefruit to caramelize properly.
- Top chilled soup with warm caramelized grapefruit.
Other possible toppings include avocado chunks, sesame seeds, and crushed tortilla chips.