Ginger Turkey Sliders with Wasabi Mayo
These Asian inspired Ginger Turkey Sliders can be on the table in front of your hungry hordes in approximately 30 minutes. Great for the kids and a quick snack or lunch. Enjoy!
500 gms (1 lb) minced (ground) turkey (or lean minced (ground) beef)
1 green onion (scallion) – chopped
1 clove fresh garlic – minced
25mm (1″) section of fresh ginger – minced
3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
8 small buns (Tom Thumb)
Lettuce – to garnish- optional
1/4 cup Namida® Wasabi Mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine: turkey, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add soy sauce.
- Mix together well (careful not to over mix or meat will be tough). You want the mixture to be a nice light brown colour.
- Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Form mixture into patties.
- When your pan is hot, add patties.
- Turn patties about 2 times until cooked through. Depending on the thickness of your patties this should only take about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Let patties rest for a few minutes before serving.
- To assemble: Cut rolls in half, add patty, garnish with Namida® Wasabi Mayonnaise and lettuce if desired.
These make 8 sliders or about 4 regular sized burgers if you prefer.