Chilled Cucumber Soup With Wasabi Avocado Cream
3 large English cucumbers peeled, sliced
1/2 c. cool water
3 Tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
3 tsp kosher salt divided
1 ripe avocado peeled, pitted
1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 carton plain yogurt – (8 ounce)
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
2 Tbsp finely minced fresh chives
Freshly ground white pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup ice cubes
Finely minced fresh chives for garnish
- Puree cucumbers with water, vinegar, and 2 teaspoons of the kosher salt in batches in a blender till smooth.
- Mash together avocado, lime juice, and remaining teaspoon kosher salt till smooth.
- Whisk in yogurt, Namida® Wasabi Paste, chives, and pepper, to taste.
- Just before serving, blend soup with ice in batches till smooth.
- Serve topped with avocado cream.
Note: Soup (before blending with ice) and avocado cream can be made 1 day ahead and kept, separately, chilled and covered.