Wasabi Tomato Salad
This dish is a real favourite in our house, and is based on a recipe that my French and Flemish relatives use. The wasabi vinegar adds a significant other flavour dimension that will impress your family and guests.
Sliced Tomatoes – Salad Type (Beefsteak are great).
Namida® Infused Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Shallots or Spring onions
- Slice as many tomatoes as you think you are going to need.
- Arrange the slices in a flat dish. (We use a quiche dish)
- Thinly slice the shallots or spring onions.
- Sprinkle the sliced shallots or onions over the top of the tomato slices.
- Pour the Namida® Wasabi Infused Vinegar over the tomatoes, leave 10 minutes.
- Pour some olive oil onto the mixture to suit your taste. Optional.
- Serve either by itself as an appetiser or as part of the main meal.
Note: This dish needs to be all eaten in one sitting. The tomatoes go soft very quickly when kept.