Corned Siverside with Wasabi Sauce
1 Kg (2 lbs) piece Corned Silverside
2 onions, peeled and halved
1 orange, halved
2-3 stalks celery, halved
1/2 cup brown sugar
50 gms (2 ozs) butter
2 Tbs plain flour
1 cup milk
2 Tbs chopped parsley
2 Tbs Namida® wasabi paste made with Namida® wasabi powder
salt and pepper to season
- 1) Rinse the piece of corned Silverside well.
2) Place in a saucepan with the onion, orange, celery and brown sugar. Cover with cold water.
3) Bring slowly to the boil and then lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour or until meat can easily be pierced with a skewer. Can also be cooked in a pressure cooker for approx 30 minutes.
- 1) Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Cook until frothy.
2) Stir in the milk slowly to make a smooth sauce. Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
3) Remove from the heat. Add the parsley and Namida® wasabi paste. Season with salt and pepper as required.
Serve meat sliced with vegetables.Pour sauce over individual servings of meat.
Alternative recipe:- Honey Glazed
Transfer the meat when cooked to a roasting dish and cut a criss-cross pattern into the fat layer on top. Spread 2 Tbs honey on top and place under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes until golden.