Steaks with Garlic-Wasabi Sauce
1/2 cup Fresh white breadcrumbs
2 medium Onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbs Chopped fresh parsley
4 8-oz (225 gm) beef sirloin (tenderloin steaks) – about 1 1/2 inches (40 mm) thick
2 Garlic cloves, minced
7 Tbs Chilled butter
Garlic-Wasabi sauce for steaks
- 1) Preheat broiler.
2) Combine breadcrumbs, parsley and garlic in small bowl.
3) Melt 2 Tbsp butter in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat.
4) Add onions and sauté until tender and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, season steaks with salt and pepper.
6) Broil until cooked to requirements, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
7) Sprinkle breadcrumbs over steaks.
8) Broil until breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
9) Bring sauce to simmer.
10) Remove from heat.
11) Gradually add remaining 5 Tbs butter, whisking just until melted.
12) Arrange onions in center of 4 plates.
13) Top with steaks.
14) Spoon sauce around steaks and serve.