Egg and Pesto Sushi
This an awesome sushi roll that has that great taste of pesto.
Serve it with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.
2 cups uncooked glutinous white rice
4 cups water
6 eggs, beaten
6 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
1/2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1/4 cup basil pesto
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes,or until tender and water is absorbed.
- Leave covered, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a bowl to cool completely.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour in the eggs, and scramble until cooked through.
- Season them with a little salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix the Namida® Wasabi Paste into the pesto.
- Lay one sheet of nori on a clean work surface, or if you have one, a sushi mat.
- Wet your hands, and press a layer of cooled rice about 1/3 inch thick onto half of the sheet.
- Spread a line of pesto across the edge of the rice about 1/2 inch wide.
- Top with a line of egg.
- Roll the sheet of nori over the pesto, egg and rice to reach the empty part of the sheet.
- Wet the end, and roll up to seal.
- Use a knife to cut the roll into 6 small rolls.