Roasted Salmon in Horseradish Dish
6 tbsp sweet butter, at room temp
1/2 cup grated white horseradish, squeezed dry
2 whole scallions, finely diced
1/4 tsp wasabi powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup dry, unseasoned bread crumbs
1 tsp finely chopped shallots
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
pinch of cayenne
4 medium salmon fillets (appx 1 1/2 ” thick)
3/4 cup white wine
garnish optional: lime slices
- 1. Preheat oven 400 degrees f or 200 degrees c
2. Put the butter, horseradish, scallions, wasabi powder, ginger, mustard, bread crumbs, shallots, juice, zest, and cayenne in the bowl of a food processor
3. Pulse until the ingredients form a ball. this is the horseradish crust.
4. Place the fish on a baking sheet and cover with the wine.
5. Spread the horseradish mixture over the fillets, about 1/4 inch thick.
6. Roast the salmon for about 15 minutes or when the tip of the fish flakes when pierced with the tines of a fork.
7. Garnish with lime slices