Wasabi Three Bean Salad
1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pound frozen shelled edamame
1/2 pound fresh bean sprouts
1/4 cup Japanese pickled ginger, minced
3 tablespoons liquid from jar of Japanese pickled ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon wasabi powder or paste
1 teaspoon salt
4 scallions, minced
- 1. Heat a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling.
2. Drop in the green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
3. Add the edamame.
4. Place the bean sprouts in a colander in the sink. When the water returns to a boil,
drain the green beans and edamame over the sprouts in the colander. Rinse
with cold water to stop the beans from cooking.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together the pickled ginger, pickled-ginger
liquid, garlic, canola oil, soy sauce, wasabi, and salt.
6. Add the green beans, edamame, bean sprouts, and scallions and toss well.