Smoky and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Everybody likes bacon wrapped anything and shrimp is a classic bacon wrapped appetiser. I put a smoky slant by using smoked paprika.The spicy part comes from the wasabi. These are good and pack as much of a spicy kick as you want to by using more or less wasabi. I like to serve them along with a dipping sauce.
12 – slices bacon
24 – jumbo shrimp, (about 3 pounds), peeled, deveined
1 – Tbsp butter
2 – cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste, made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1/2 – cup Tomato Sauce
1/3 – cup steak sauce
1/4 – tsp hot pepper sauce
- Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 4 bacon slices and cook 3 minutes, or just until partially cooked.
- Repeat with remaining bacon.
- Cut each bacon slice in half.
- Wrap 1 bacon piece around each shrimp and secure with a wooden pick.
- Return to same skillet.
- Cook 8 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink and bacon is crisp, turning after 4 minutes.
- Place butter, paprika, wasabi paste and garlic in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 15 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato sauce, steak sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with the shrimp.