Spicy Sausage or Meat Pie
2 Tbsp soya oil
4 celery stalks
1 grated carrot
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
3 Tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
1 Kg sausages (or stewing steak cut in 1″ cubes)
250 gms (8 ozs) sour cream (small tub)
short crust pastry topping for pie
- In 2 Tbsp soya oil, stir fry celery, carrot, onion and Namida® Wasabi Paste.
- Remove and set aside.
- Brown sausages or meat until golden brown.
- If using sausages slice in half lengthways.
- Place meat / sausages in a deep pie dish, add stir fried vegetables.
- Cover with sour cream and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pie with short crust pastry and cook in moderate oven for 1 hour, or until pie golden brown.
- Serve with potatoes or rice.
Ingredients for Pastry Topping
2 cups plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
125 gms (4 ozs) butter
Method for Pastry Topping
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Grate in cold butter.
- Mix to a stiff dough with a little cold water.
- Roll out very lightly.
Is also very good with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes. 🙂