Summer Beet Salad
6 medium sized beets
1 red onion, sliced
1\2 cucumber, sliced
5 T sour cream or yogurt
2 T mayonnaise
1 T balsamic or red wine vinegar
1\2 t dijon-style mustard
1\2 t wasabi paste
2 T dried dill weed or 3 T fresh dill, chopped
1\4 t canning salt
1\4 t black pepper
- 1. Scrub and remove tops of beets.
2. Boil in water for about 45 minutes or until tender.
3. Drain hot water from post and refill with cold water.
4. When beets are cool enough to handle and peel, slice thinly and place in a salad bowl.
5. Add onion and cucumber.
6. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, wasabi paste, dill, salt,
7. Pour over vegetables and toss to combine. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.