Wasabi and Ginger Popcorn
3 to 4 quarts freshly popped corn
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1/4 cup candied ginger, finely chopped (dip a paper towel in a little olive oil and swipe the blade of the knife with it every few chops)
1/2 cup wasabi peas – crushed (optional)
- Place the popcorn in a large, clean paper bag or a large pot.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, sugar, and sesame seeds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter and Namida® Wasabi Paste until fully mixed.
- Stir in the ginger and crushed wasabi peas, if using.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the popcorn, fold over the top of the bag or cover the pot with a lid, and shake until the popcorn is coated.
- Sprinkle the salt mixture over the popcorn and shake a few times again to coat.
- Serve immediately.
You will need napkins for this snack.
It is not that spicy, but it is delicious, and interesting both on the taste buds and mouth feel. The combination of flavours generate warmth and are addictive.