This is something that I knocked up the other night for dinner, and it is definitely a keeper. Fairly straightforward to make quickly for the hungry couple.
1 (6.5 ounce) can minced clams
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup diced celery
1/2 cup cubed potatoes
1/4 cup diced carrots
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup half-and-half cream
1-1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
ground black pepper to taste
2 Spicy sausage (I used chorizo)
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
- Drain juice from clams into a large skillet over the onions, celery, potatoes, chopped sausage and carrots.
- Add water to cover, and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Whisk in cream and stir constantly until thick and smooth.
- Stir in vegetables and clam juice.
- Heat through, but do not boil.
- Stir in clams just before serving. (If they cook too much they get tough.)
- When clams are heated through, stir in vinegar and Namida® Wasabi Paste, and season with salt and pepper.
Enough for 2