Wasabi Deviled Eggs
Wasabi Deviled Eggs are the ideal party food for hungry guests with an appetite for the unusual.
Most deviled eggs I have ever tasted are Bland, bland and Bland. Everywhere you go, especially with a bring-a-plate event there seems to be plenty of the bog standard devilled eggs on the tables.
The Wasabi Deviled Eggs platter stands out from the rest though – because the filling is GREEN. With a few chopped chives sprinkled on the top it makes a statement – both to the eye and the mouth.
These are easy to make and will make you the talk of your next Bring-A-Plate party. LOL.
Wasabi Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise*
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Namida Wasabi Powder made into a paste*
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Powdered Ginger
- Carefully peel your hard boiled eggs.
- Slice them in half and place the yolks in a separate bowl.
- * Initially I make a Wasabi Mayonnaise, which you can keep in the fridge if you don’t use it all at once. 🙂 Great with sandwiches, burgers and salads!
- Here is a recipe if you want to make Wasabi Mayonnaise from scratch using fresh eggs and oil. This is the traditional method of making Mayonnaise.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the yolks and blend them well with a fork. [Exclude the mayonnaise and Namida Wasabi if you have already made the wasabi mayonnaise (recommended)].
- If you need more moisture to make a smooth mixture, add more oil and vinegar, or more Wasabi Mayonnaise.
- Mix well and taste!
- If the Wasabi flavor isn’t hot enough, add some more made up Namida Wasabi Paste.
- When you are happy with the flavor, use a spoon to scoop the yolk mixture and drop it into the whites again.
- Garnish your Wasabi Deviled Eggs with toasted Sesame Seeds or Chives and ENJOY!
Special Note: Do NOT add the Wasabi Powder without making it into a paste first. If you are unsure how to do this here is a video which shows you how to make the perfect Namida Wasabi Paste.
See what other have said about Namida 100% Wasabia japonica Powder here.
Michel Van Mellaerts (The Wasabi Maestro) is the recognized World authority and expert on the practical Growing, Processing and Marketing of Wasabia japonica. He and his wife have been commercially growing Wasabia japonica longer than anyone else outside Japan.
Trained as an Electrical and Mechanical Engineer he has invented and installed many improved growing systems into their farms. These enable high quality Wasabi to be grown anywhere in the World.
The Wasabi Maestroes have set up commercial Wasabi growing farms from the Arctic Circle to Southern New Zealand, including the Equator. They have worked with individual growers, national governments, and investment groups on four continents.
These growing systems have reduced growing times by nearly 67%, improved yield and quality of the Wasabi rhizome, and increased the levels of active ingredients by nearly 100%. It is these active ingredients that independent scientific studies show kills cancer cells and improves human health.
They pioneered the use of Wasabia japonica in the Nutraceutical and Medical industries. They are at the leading edge of research into the benefits of Wasabi on human and animal health.
The Wasabi Maestroes offer a Training and Consultancy service for potential and actual Wasabi growers who only want to learn from the best. Others spend their time floundering around trying to find out what information is useful and what isn’t.
The Training has been proven and improved over the last 20 years plus of personal commercial Wasabi growing. This has been hands on, getting wet and dirty work – not guesswork from behind a desk.
More information on the Wasabi Growers Club 70+ Training Modules can be found here.