Wasabi Glazed Whitefish
You can go easy on the wasabi if you like, I like it so hot that it makes me sneeze.
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made with Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi powder
4 4-ounce fresh skinless whitefish, sea bass, or orange roughy fillets, 1-inch thick
1 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded (about 1-1/3 cups)
1 cup sliced radishes
1 cup fresh pea pods
2 Tbsp snipped fresh chives
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- Combine soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of the sesame oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the sugar, and the wasabi paste.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush both sides of fish with soy mixture.
- Lightly grease the rack of a gas grill. Preheat grill.
- Reduce heat to medium. Place fish on the grill rack directly over heat, tucking under any thin edges. Cover and grill for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork, gently turning once halfway through grilling.
- Meanwhile, for slaw, in a medium bowl combine the zucchini, radishes, pea pods, and chives. Stir together vinegar, the remaining sesame oil, and the remaining sugar.
- Drizzle over the zucchini mixture; toss to coat. Serve the fish with slaw.