Wasabi Lime Steak
2 Sirloin steaks (although any steak will do)
1/4 cup butter
2 green onions, sliced thin
Wasabi Lime Marinade/Sauce
4-5 fresh limes
1 green onion
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
2 tsp coriander
1 tsp soy sauce
- Mix Wasabi Lime Marinade ingredients together.
- Pour one half over steaks and marinate four hours.
- Remove from fridge one hour before grilling, or pan frying.
While steak grills, prepare the sauce.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter on medium low heat.
- Add onions and sauté for a few minutes, being careful not to brown the onions.
- Mix cornstarch with a little water to form a thick slurry.
- Whisk slurry into butter and cook about one minute.
- Whisk in remaining marinade and cook a few minutes until thickened.
- Serve the steak with rice or mashed potato and pour sauce over steak.
This meal is nice served with almost anything such as pasta, baked vegetables.