Wasabi Noodle salad with prawns
Serve this tangy cold salad in little bowls and eat with chopsticks or a fork.
1 yellow pepper finely sliced
4 spring onions, sliced lengthwise
14oz/400g cooked, peeled prawns
2 Tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
Coriander leaves for garnishing
For the dressing:
5 fl oz/140ml olive oil
3 Tbsp mirin
4 Tbsp light soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made with Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 lemon, juiced
- Boil the noodles in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain and run under the cold tap.
- Tip the drained noodles into a large bowl.
- Drizzle some sesame oil over them and mix well.
- Mix in the watercress, red and yellow peppers and spring onions.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, and pour most (keeping back about 8 tsp) over the noodles.
- Toss well, cover and refrigerate.
- Divide the noodles between eight bowls and arrange the cooked shrimps on top.
- Drizzle each bowl with a teaspoonful of the remaining dressing, sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on the top and garnish with coriander leaves.