Wasabi Pancetta Wrapped Prawns
This is another easy meal. You can change the pancetta for bacon strips and make a simple fruit reduction as the dressing. The combination of the sweet, spicy and salty makes for a taste you will love.
(Makes 24 prawns)
24 large Prawns (21-25 or larger), peeled and deveined, tail-on
3 Tbsp soy sauce
24 thin slices pancetta (or streaky bacon)
2 cups pomegranate juice (or orange juice)
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi paste, made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
Black or white sesame seeds (as garnish)
- Mix the Namida® Wasabi paste. Wait 5 minutes and then mix with the soy sauce.
- Toss the prawns in the soy sauce and wasabi mixture and marinate for 1 hour or up to overnight (preferred).
- Put the pomegranate or orange juice in a saucepan and boil gently to reduce to a thick syrup. It will thicken as it cools. Set aside.
- Pat the prawns dry and wrap each one in a slice of pancetta or bacon. The pancetta will stick to itself as you wrap. If it tends to flap open, secure it with a small toothpick.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large heavy sauté pan over medium high heat and sear the prawns on each side for a minute or so, until the pancetta or bacon is lightly golden. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 5 minutes or until the prawns are opaque through.
- Arrange the prawns on a platter or individual plates and drizzle with the reduced fruit sauce. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds. If you like you may garnish with thin strips of green onion and pomegranate seeds or orange slices.