This sauce/dip/ingredient is extremely versatile and can be used with almost anything [even Sushi :)]. It can also be stored in a bottle or jar in the refrigerator for a very long time. The longer you keep it, the more potent it becomes.
1/3 cup Soy Sauce [use the one you prefer]
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup Mirin
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Large Knob fresh Ginger root, finely sliced
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 Tbsp. Cold Water
Fresh Lemon juice from one Lemon
Fresh Coriander (Cilantro) leaves or Parsley
- Mix Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder and the cold water together and make a stiff paste. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix first 6 ingredients plus lemon juice together for the marinade. [Adjust quantities of the first 3 ingredients so that marinade will cover items to be covered].
- Add the Namida® Wasabi paste and whisk together. When stored the Wasabi paste will settle to the bottom, but a quick shake soom fixes that. 🙂
- If you want to store the marinade, put in sealed bottle or jar and keep in the refrigerator. This will keep for a reasonable time. When used please discard the marinade, do not return it to the jar/bottle in the refrigerator.
- Add the Coriander or Parsley to the marinade just before it is to be used.