Crab and Leek Potato au Gratin
1/2 cup small-diced celery
1/2 cup small-diced round onion
1/2 cup sliced leeks
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp salad oil
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 cups crab meat – picked over
3 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch and preboiled
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Make Namida® Wasabi Paste by adding equal amount of water to Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder and allowing it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Pick through crab meat removing cartilidge and shell
- Mix 2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste into crab meat.
- Cover and place into refrigerator until required.
- Slice and boil potatoes.
- Layer half the cooked potatoes on the bottom of a baking pan or casserole dish.
- Add 1/2 of the prepared sauce. See below.
- Add 1 cup crab.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Repeat the second layer and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 deg C (350 deg F) until golden brown or cheese is melted.
- Top with parsley and serve warm.
- Saute vegetables in butter and oil for two minutes.
- Add flour and cook 30 seconds.
- Deglaze with wine.
- Add cream, remaining Namida® Wasabi Paste and Parmesan cheese and mix well.