Japanese Style Stir Fried Beef with Vegetables
1 Tbsp dry red wine
1 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tsp Namida® Wasabi Ginger paste
500 gms (1 lb) boneless round steak, raw, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced.
2 Tbsp corn oil (or cooking oil)
2 Large onions, each cut into eight wedges
250 gms (1/2 lb) fresh mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed, sliced
2 celery stalks, bias cut into 5mm (1/4″) slices
2 small green bell peppers, cut into thin lengthwise strips
1 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup water
- 1) Prepare Marinade. Mix together wine, soy sauce, sugar, and wasabi & ginger paste.
- 2) Marinate meat in mixture while preparing vegetables.
- 3) Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet or wok. Stir fry onions and mushrooms 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- 4) Add celery and cook 1 more minute.
- 5) Add remaining vegetables and cook 2 minutes or until the green pepper is tender crisp.
- 6) Transfer vegetables to warm bowl.
- 7) Add remaining 1 Tbsp of oil into the skillet.
- 8) Stir fry meat in oil for about 2 minutes or until meat loses its pink colour.
- 9) Blend cornstarch and water.
- 10) Stir into meat.
- 11) Cook and stir until thickened.
- 12) Return vegetables to the skillet; stir gently and serve.
Note: This is very nice served over jasmine rice, but plain boiled rice is almost as good.