Shrimp Cocktail with Hot Wasabi Sauce
This recipe makes one of the hottest cocktail sauces that I’ve ever tasted. Be careful with this one folks, the heat really catches you by surprise. But if you like it hot this is so good.
1 lb (500 gms) frozen shrimp, thawed
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 cup tomato ketchup
2 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 tsp Namida 100% Pure Wasabi powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Peel and devein shrimp leaving tail on.
- Place shrimp in a bowl and sprinkle with wasabi powder and cayenne pepper.
- Toss to coat all shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add shrimp and cook until just red, do not overcook.
- Remove shrimp from water and chill.
- In a bowl combine soup, ketchup, brown sugar and wasabi paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder.
- Add enough water to desired consistancy.
- Add shrimp and stir, serve chilled with a leaf of lettuce in a flat champagne glass.