This is a breakfast that came out of a thought about mixing wasabi and Eggs Benedict. We came up with breakfast which is certainly out of the ordinary and starts your day off with a bang. I can see this becoming a favourite in the breakfast bars and restaurants around the world – with variations of course.
Ingredients (per person)
This is very straightforward and easy.
- Cook the bacon the way you like it and keep warm.
- Use the Wasabi Mashed Potatoes to make Wasabi Potato Fritters. Keep these warm. I like the round fritter, but thick toasted bread also works – it also makes it quicker to make the breakfast :).
- Poach or fry the eggs the way you like them.
- Warm the Wasabi Mayonaise. Do this in a saucepan on the hob using a very gentle heat. Do not use a microwave as you will end up a gloppy mess and a thick layer of oil on the top.
- Now all you have to do is put it all together.
- On a warm plate place the wasabi potato fritter (or the toast or muffin, etc).
- Smear some Wasabi Mayonnaise on top.
- Lay the bacon on the fritter and then the drained poached or fried egg on top.
- Gently pour over the top the rest of the warm Wasabi Mayonnaise.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Variations: Salmon, Fish, Meat Pattie, anything else you can think of (and that you like). For vegetarians you can leave out the bacon or substitute it for what you like [lettuce works well].