Articles about Wasabia japonica from all round the world.
Ordered by date (latest first)
- What growing system? Selecting either OKA or SAWA Wasabi growing system depends on your current circumstances. Take a short quiz to find out what system suits you. Information on inside growing systems that can be used.
Wasabi Avocado Cream SauceThis is a very rich and tasty cream that can be used either as a flavour additive to a meat and fish meal. I prefer to use it as dip, but each to their own. There will be other recipes that use this cream sauce as an ingredient. /* What is the difference between Wasabi and Wasabia japonica?The scientists with their fancy equipment and reports to definitively state if Wasabi powder actually contains Wasabia japonica or not. The only people who know if a certain Wasabi powder contains Wasabia japonica or not are the growers and processors who actually make the product. In the end, It comes down to the end ... Wasabi now in McD’sWasabi on the menu at McDonalds. Also becoming a firm favourite in other fast food outlets and manufacturers. Wasabi has finally reached mainstream with these mega organisations getting involved.
- Bad news about growing wasabi Growing wasabi is not all beer and skittles. The Wasabi Maestro tells you like it is with an 6 minute audio. Both the good and the bad.
- Wasabi Seed Suppliers Buying Wasabi Seeds is fraught with problems, but there is a link below that should take you to a seller. When you have decided that you are at the point where buying wasabi seeds and having a go at growing Wasabi for yourself has arrived then there are several things you need to take into consideration. For ...
Growing Wasabi IndoorsMost Wasabia japonica (Wasabi) is either grown in outside in our polluted environment, or is fake and made with GMO Mustard, Horseradish and questionable FDA approved colouring. Read about the alternative available to Commercial Wasabi Growers.
- Growing Wasabi Indoors Growing Wasabi indoors on your Window Sill Try Growing Your Own Wasabi Indoors As you can see from the photo above growing wasabi indoors can be done without a lot of expensive equipment. The above system is OK for a couple of plants, but for commercial operations it is not really feasible or economic to use such ...
- List of Fake and Pure Wasabi Powders A new version of the Wasabi List has been released. Now has 75 brands on this list. 3 only are true to label. All the rest are fakes with misleading labelling and wording. 97.8% of all checked “Wasabi” products are FAKES. You are paying premium prices for a mixture of mustard, horseradish and various colouring, flavouring and stabilising ...
- Wasabi Flavour Chemistry Question: I bought Wasabi powder and soy sauce powder to make my own Wasabi/soy almonds. I found out that the Wasabi powder has no taste without water- how can the makers make Wasabi tasting almonds: I had tried before using Wasabi paste and then dehydrating them, but definitely lose the punch.
- Wasabi Potato Fritters (Hash Browns) This is a recipe that uses up the leftover Wasabi Mashed Potatoes that your last night dinner guests didn’t finish. Although in my house that doesn’t normally happen so I have to make another lot for this simple recipe. 🙂
- Wasabi comes to the West The use of wasabi, a spicy Japanese horseradish, as a flavouring in food products outside Asia has risen in recent years. /*
Research or Commercial Wasabi Farm?Prospective Wasabi growers appear to be unclear whether they want to set up a Wasabi Growing Research Farm with only a few plants “to try” for the next five years or so while they figure things out, or actually want a commercial wasabi growing farm with a solid ROI in 18 months or so. New Product – Lung Cleanse – For SmokersSawa Lung Cleanse searches out the damaged areas and cells before they can cause problems. Studies have shown that the active ingredients in Sawa Lung Cleanse are effective in getting rid of damaged Lung cells caused by smoking. Advanced Liver Support PowderWe are pleased to announce our Advanced Liver Support Powder which can be mixed with your morning beverage of choice. It is suitable to add to smoothies, milk and protein drinks. Beef Potstickers with Wasabi Maple Dipping sauceThis recipe may appear a bit fussy with emptying and filling frypans or skillets with liquid, but the effort is worth it. You will want to make more of these. 🙂 /* Basic information about Wasabia japonicaSome basic information about Wasabia japonica. Wasabi Grower in 8 StepsThis article is for the person who may be interested in becoming a Wasabi Grower, but is unsure about what they need to do. While not providing all the little steps needed, it does at least set up a path to follow. How to Set up a Wasabi FarmPreparing to set up a Wasabi Farm using a simplified plan. Setting up a Wasabi Farm is just the same as any other major project. The bulk of the work has been done before you even get to the point where you start building, or in this case – planting Wasabi plants. Getting this front end of the ... Wasabi Growers PrimerWasabi Growers Primer now available. The Wasabi Growers Primer Book contains all the basic information you need to grow Wasabia japonica very well. Buy now! Wasabi Health BenefitsPeer reviewed scientific studies have shown that there are significant health benefits for consuming Wasabia japonica on a regular basis – not just with sushi. Improve your health with regular supplements of Sawa Wasabia japonica capsules.
- Wasabi vs Aspirin Wasabi acts 10 time faster than Aspirin in preventing Heart Attacks. Ideal preventative to use instead of Aspirin with no side effects such as Stomach Ulcers from NSAIDs.
- Wasabi identified as emerging flavour for 2018 Kerry Flavor Charts for 2018 identify Wasabi as an emerging flavour in 2 categories – Sweet and Salty Snacks. Also likely to show itself in alcohol infusions
- Fake Wasabi Rhizomes are here Believe it or not, but Fake Wasabia japonica rhizomes have arrived. This is yet another fake product out of China, following on from fake eggs, fake rice, fake wasabi powder and fake infants milk powder. My contacts in China have indicated that fake Wasabi rhizomes are made from textured soy that has been designed to mimic the ...
- Still involved with wasabi We believe that consuming Wasabia japonica on a daily basis keeps the body in good health. Wasabia japonica kills most types of Cancer and helps maintain the liver and immune system in good order.
- Now is right time to build your Wasabi Farm Waiting for the perfect time to start your Wasabi Farm is wrong. There is no perfect time except now. Demands exceeds supply – more growers needed. Find out more here.
- Products available 2018 Products available 2018
- New Zealand Wasabi now World Wasabi Back in 2015 we changed our company name to World Wasabi Inc. We felt that this name change better indicated what we were doing without making any changes to our high quality, 100 % Pure Wasabia japonica (Wasabi) freeze-dried powder. We started providing these products through our brands – Namida, Sawa and Sawasabi back in 1994 and ...
- Thanksgiving 2017 Special Offer This Thanksgiving we are offering a 20% discount on all our products. Just use the promo Code USTD17 when you make your purchase of any of our capsules or the Namida 100% Pure Wasabia japonica powder 50gm jars. This offer is only valid until 28th November 2017. This offer applies to all the World Wasabi products which can be ...
Wasabi Ice Cream PuddingA truly tasty and exotic dessert. It is easy and straightforward to make and will make your guests feel that you have gone out of your way to impress them. /*
- Why You Should Eat More Wasabi Here are six health benefits that you get from eating wasabi on a regular basis. Not the fake wasabi, but the actual wasabia japonica plant extracts. Read more.
- Underrating your Liver While everyone agrees that we should whole-heartedly pay attention to cardiovascular health, the liver is all but forgotten.
Is your Liver Working?Here are 17 reasons why you should look at doing a Liver Detox. Read more here. Wasabi Ginger Butter SauceThis is a recipe for a tangy and spicy sauce that is great used on tuna steak and grilled shrimp. /* Get your free copy of The Wasabi List today!75 Wasabi products checked out for accuracy on their labels. 97.8% do NOT contain any True Wasabi (Wasabia japonica) and are FAKES. Find out if what you are eating is fake or not. Free Wasabi List available here. Have you started thinking about Thanksgiving yet?Thinking about Thanksgiving centrepiece now and buying it will save time, stress and money later on. Here are a few alternatives to the traditional turkey.
- Wasabi Cranberry Sauce For Thanksgiving The tartness of cranberries goes really well with foods like roasted meats or roasted vegetables. This sauce can be stored in the refrigerator if required. /*
- Review of Sushi Chef Wasabi Powder This is one of the FAKE wasabi powders available. It also contains dangerous ingredients that are likely to affect people suffering from allergies and children. There also appears to be undisclosed ingredients in this product.
- Baked Salmon Wasabi Burger This is a burger with a difference. Firstly we are using salmon as the protein source, and secondly we are using wasabi as an ingredient instead of using relish or pickle. You can use these as well, but I find that you tend to lose the flavour of the salmon. /*
- Wasabi Shrimp Devilled Eggs This is a variation on the traditional devilled eggs served as finger food at most parties. /*
- Wasabi Mashed Potatoes for Thanksgiving There are lots of Wasabi Mashed Potato recipes out there. The problem is that most of them use the coloured horseradish stuff either as a paste from a tube or powder from tins. This recipe uses 100% Namida® Wasabi powder and the flavour of the side dish is outstanding. Enjoy. /*
Traditionally made Wasabi Mayonnaise RecipeA lovely basic wasabi mayonnaise recipe made the traditional way. The wasabi gives the mayonnaise a punchy and yet smooth flavour. Really lovely. /*
- Beef Samosas with Wasabi Maple Dipping sauce A samosa or potsticker is a fried or baked dish with a savoury filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas,lentils, macaroni, noodles, cheese, minced lamb, minced beef or any other minced meat /*
- Fake wasabi polluting our stores More and more products are appearing on store shelves saying they contain authentic wasabi (Wasabia japonica). That is not the case and Manufacturers and suppliers with the incompetence of Government agencies allow them to get away with this fraud.
- Wasabia japonica banned in France and Belgium Napoleonic Law used in EU to ban proven herbal supplements. A number of useful natural substances have been banned from being sold, grown or used in France and Belgium. It appears that the Big Pharma companies are driving this stupidity.
- Wasabi and Colitis New study shows Wasabia japonica prevents IBD and Colitis. Suggested use as a new functional food.
- Are Wasabi and Horseradish the Same? Wasabi is also known as Japanese Horseradish. For this reason Wasabi is often thought of as being the same as Horseradish. That is not the case. Find out about the differences here.
- Wasabia japonica is Gluten Free Namida 100% Pure Wasabia japonica powder is a vegetarian product is perfect for those who suffer from Coeliac Disease or Gluten intolerance or just want to follow a Gluten Free diet.
- Making Wasabi paste from Powder This is the definitive method of making the best Wasabi paste from powder using simple instruction and a video to make it easy. The quality of the final product depends on the quality of the Wasabi powder you are using – not the method.
- Sawa Wasabi Capsules now available in SEA Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia and Taiwan now able to order Sawa 100% Pure Wasabi Capsules for free delivery. Chinese language website now available at www.organicremedies.asia. Find out more here.